How to Have a Good Experience with Wine
If you want to have an outstanding experience with wine, whether you are having it with a meal or doing some wine tasting, you will be glad to know that this is definitely a possibility. Learning how to pair wines with the proper foods, the basics of wine tasting and how to get your hands on the finest wines will enable you to enjoy wine better than you ever have.
Paring Wines with Foods
Just as the right people have to be paired together in order for a marriage to be successful, the same is the case when paring wines with foods. If wines are not paired up with the proper foods, the outcome will not be enjoyable in the least. If you want to be sure that you avoid having an unpleasant experience, it is essential that you follow the below tips because these will ensure that your taste buds never experience a clash.
- Drink sparkling, dry wines, such as champaign, with salty foods. These types of wines have a slightly sweet taste, and it is this sweet taste that causes them to be refreshing when paired up with foods that are salty.
- Austrian Gr?ner Veltliner?s, the Spanish Albari?o wine and Italy?s Vermentino are best paired up with foods that are cooked with fresh herbs.
- Eat tangy foods with zippy wines, like Portugese Vinho Verde, Sauvignon Blanc and Spain?s Verdejo. Tangy foods will not be able to overpower these wines.
- Seafood dishes go well with delicate white wines, such as Pinot Grigio, Chablis from France and Arneis from Italy.
- Chardonnays, Australia and Chile are delicious with any kind of seafood that is cooked in various sauces.
- Rieslings, Vouvrays and Gew?rztraminers are best consumed with spicy Asian or Indian foods.
- Moscato d?Asti, Asti Spumante and demi-sec Champagne and other slightly sweetened sparkling wines like these go well with fruity desserts. These wines will allow you to taste more of the fruit than the sugar.
- Ros? sparkling wines are excellent for drinking with any main course.
- Red wines go well with dishes thathave an earthy taste, such as those made with mushrooms.
- Shiraz, Malbec and C?tes-du-Rh?ne go well with foods that are cooked in spicy barbecue sauce.
- Old world dishes always go well with old world wines. For instance, Tuscan wines are a great fit for Tuscan
If you remember these wine paring tips when you drink wine with your meals, you will never go wrong. Your food and wine will always compliment one another.
Wine Tasting Basics
Whether you want to try out new wines or host your own wine tasting party, you will be glad to know that there is not a whole lot involved in learning how these processes work. All you have to do is employ five simple tips. You will not only enjoy wine tasting like the pros, you will also impress your friends with your newfound skills and knowledge.
If you are setting up a party, make sure you will have the supplies that you need, like wine glasses, decorations, wine tasting cards, cheeses, various wines and bread and water for cleansing the pallet in between tastings.
Decide on which type of wine tasting you will do. There are many different types of wine tasting you can engage in, like wine and chocolate tasting, wine and cheese tasting, old world versus new world wine tasting, cheap versus expensive, horrizontal and vertical.
If you will be attending a wine tasting gathering, be sure to bring some bread with you and a bottle of water, just in case none are provided. Eating a piece of bread and drinking a swig of water between tasting wines will refresh your mouth, allowing you to taste each wine better because the flavors will not blend and clash. Rince your wine glass between tasting different wines. If you are having a party, encourage your guests to do the same.
Educate yourself on a variety of wines. The more you know, the more you will be able to contribute to a wine tasting gathering, whether it is yours or someone else?s.
Finding the Best Wines
If you want to get the most of what wine has to offer, it is essential that you purchase the best wines. You do not want to get anything cheap. If you do, you will be in for a royal disappointment. In order to get only the best wines, then do the following:
- Look for ventage wines.
- Get your hands on a variety of foreign wines, as this will help to enrich your experience.
- Try out a number of new world wines.
Being armed with this information will facilitate an adventure with wine like you have never had in your entire life. If you employ the advice outlined here, your horizons will be broadened. Not to mention, your experience with wine will be unforgettable.
Village Vino, a local wine shop in San Diego, offers a menu full of artful food and wine pairings as well as artisinal cheeses.?They also offer a calendar full of wine tasting and pairing educational classes for those looking to host their own wine parties. Learn more about Village Vino?s wine classes here:?http://villagevino.com/tastings-wine-classes/
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.